I am super happy to say that my little Ellie has been accepted into Preschool. It wasnt as easy as it sounds. We have 2 Pre-k schools in our little town. One is through the actual school system and the other is through the daycare. Everyone wants to get their child into the school funded preschool, however, their goals are to help children with delays or handicaps first. Those children come first. So you have to have your child tested to see if they have a set back. This pre-k also takes in a few peer model children, ones to help the kids with delays. Of course, I knew Ellie didnt have a delay, handicap or set back but had her tested hoping she could get in as a peer model. I, like every other mother in the world, think my kids are pretty damn smart! :) However, Ellie did not make it through as a peer model. The letter read that she is developmentally on track for her age and either doesnt meet the peer model criteria or there were no more spots open. At first, I was mad. How could they not want to take Ellie in as a peer model? I called it a political issue. I say this because our town being super small, there is one place to work (Copper Mine). There are supervisiors who think their shit dont stink and brib or lie to get their kids into the schools Pre-k. Anyways, back on subject! After I got over being butt hurt that my precious baby girl didnt get in, I started looking into our other option, the daycare. I went by and got the paper work as soon as I could. The lady there said they only take in 15 students and they had 8 spots filled already. I raced home, filled the paper work out and raced back the next morning and dropped the papers off. And guess what?! She got in!!! She will be in the P.M class (12-3). They are thinking school will start Aug. 6th. I am sad because it cost $30 a week but for my child, its worth it! I am ready for August :)
Off topic, Ive been looking for party planning stuff for Ellie's bday in July. I ran across these super cute owls and thought.........
I cannot wait to make cute little things for the class through out the year, for each holiday and maybe even birthdays. Valentines, Easter, and Teacher's Appreciation day. It will be so much fun!
Then I remembered a couple of super cute ideas I saw on Pinterest! The idea of these are to do them every year on the first day of school. Such a cute idea and a twist to the plain traditional first day of school photos.
Sorry, I forgot to link each of those pics. But if you want to know where they came from go to Pinterest and search "First day of School"
I wonder if I will cry when I drop her off. I never thought I would but even as I sit here typing this, it kinda brings tears to my eyes, to think of my baby growing up and going to school. Where does the time go?? Slow down kids!!
Awww! Robin!! You're making ME tear up now! Geeez! I'm so happy Ellie gets to go to school, I know she really wants to!! She will have so much fun! And you'll have one less kid for a few hours! Woot woot!! I can't believe they only take 15 kids! That doesn't seem like enough.
Awww! Robin!! You're making ME tear up now! Geeez! I'm so happy Ellie gets to go to school, I know she really wants to!! She will have so much fun! And you'll have one less kid for a few hours! Woot woot!! I can't believe they only take 15 kids! That doesn't seem like enough.
ReplyDeleteBy 15 kids, that means 15 4 yr olds.. There is a morning class for 3 yr olds (I assume)
ReplyDelete