Pages

7/05/2012

Happy 4th of July


  This year for the 4th Logan decided to work and get the extra money or our upcoming trip. I got the kids ready to go to the parade. (Yes, its a pretty lame parade when you think about it, but since we live in a small town with no marching band and very very few businesses, well you get what you have.)
Then we headed off to the festivities.
Once the parade was over and all the candy was picked up off the street, we headed to the next event. The had a haul truck and front end loader out for us regular people to see up close. 
A little back story- We live in a Copper Mine community. The haul truck and loader are equipment they use in the mine. Us "regular" people dont get to come n contact with this stuff like ever. So this was a real treat, specially for the kids. However, Garrett fell in the loader's bucket and it ruined the rest of his day! Well at least this part of the day. Isnt it crazy how big they are? The tires are enormous and Ellie could actually stand under the haul truck. 

The next events were bounce houses which made everyone happy. 
Then we stood in line for this water slide that both the kids said they wanted to do. I should have known better.
Once she got to the top, she wanted down. So then it was Garrett's turn. He climbed up very slow, the guy running the slide said I could help him up. So I climbed up and gave him an extra push up and then on my way back down the steps, I fell. Awesome! lol Then of course, Garrett sat at the top of the slide and cried "scared!" So needless to say, I had to climb back up and get him. If I would have been prepared for a water slide and had towels, I probably would have pushed him down the slide. Mawhahaha! :)
We stopped for some of the festivity food and it started to rain on us. We (I) decided it was time to go home. 
Living in Arizona we didnt have fireworks in our little town. We could have drove 1.5 hours away to see some but didnt want to do that. We went for a little ride after Logan got home and fixed the Ranger. 
That night we watched the New York fireworks on T.V.

My poor firework deprived kids! 

Hope everyone had a great and safe 4th!! 

---Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment