Pages

8/27/2012

Show & Tell Link Up- Wedding Bells Ringing


Im linking up with From Mrs. to Mama for a fun Show & Tell. Here's this Monday's questions.

1. Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding? 
I am married. We got married May 22nd, 2009. The day didnt go as planned because it rained and it was an outdoor wedding with no back up plan. It was cold. The ceremony went fast but pictures took a long time. People left before I could see them. Secretly I want to have a do over, someday (with a wedding planner!). :) 

2. Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.


3. How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?
Well, the original engagement happened like this. It was our 6 yr dating anniv (I think) and we went for a drive out by one of the lakes where we lived. We stopped on the side of the road and went for a hike on a dirt road.  There was a frozen stream that we followed and found a small frozen water fall, under the ice the water was still running. Logan was standing behind me with his arms around me. He started to mess around with my promise ring which sent up a flag (***) He took the ring off and put on a new one and asked if I would marry him. I said of course. 

4. Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.

5. Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last

I think people dont want to work at it anymore. When things start getting hard, they cant stick it out. Plus there are so many home wreckers out there that are just looking to cause problems. :) Communication is key, you have to talk through your problems. Anyone who said marriage was easy, well they were lucky. lol Truthfully, its always a work in progress. Both people involved have to work together to make it last.


*** I said it sent up a flag because the day Logan gave me the promise ring, he was playing around with a ring I wear on my thumb. I used to wear it on "that finger" before on the thumb, but I got tired of random people asking me if I was married or engaged. So I had started wearing that ring on my thumb. Logan was playing with it and asking why I didnt wear it on the other finger anymore. He then pulled out the promise ring and put it on "that finger". 

Well check back next Monday for the next Show & Tell. :)


-----Robin







No comments:

Post a Comment