Upon reading some blogs I follow, I came across one titled "8 weeks to a better me- week 5" Well I cant find what weeks 1-4 were about, but did like what week 5 had to say and thought I really should try it. Any self improvement will do me and my family some good.
These are the 3 steps from week 5:
1. look for beauty in everything & document it: In life we take a lot of things for granted. Whether its your healthy children, having babies, having a pet, a place to live, a job, a loving husband, a fabulous family, great friends, being able to see and hear, what ever the topics, most everyone in the world take these simple things for granted. I admit I am one of those people who take every single one of those things listed above for granted. I couldnt imagine living my life with out even one of those things. So I am going to look for the beauty in the things I take for granted (not hard to do!) and take many pictures of them. (post them another day) Take pictures of everything! You never know when that something/someone will no longer be in your life. See as much as you can with your eyes and hear as many things as you can with your ears, because you never know when these two luxuries will be gone.
2. dress for yourself, and do it each day! This is something I REALLY need to do. I know I feel so much better on the days when I get up and get dressed, fix my hair, put on some make up and jewelry. I really do need to take a moment out of everyday to pamper myself. So starting tomorrow I am going to make myself get up and do a little self pampering. (pictures to come)
3. never speak negatively about your significant other... I do find myself saying negative things about Logan on occasions. Nothing near as some other women that I know and talk to. Hahaha! I almost started talking negative about him in this post. Geez! See I do take many many things for granted, including my husband!
So that is that. I am going to work on those 3 goals anf hopefully start something new and better my self each day that passes. I may even come up with new goals to work towards in the future. Everyone should have goals, right? Well now is a great time to have some for my self.

From what I can tell you've got number 2 covered! I'm always surprised that you're wearing makeup and you're accessoried... like, all the time! :)
ReplyDeleteBut I like this post! :)