11/29/2012
Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks
This years Thanksgiving festivities went off without a hitch. The only complaint? No pictures :( T-day was spent with the in-laws. Logan's sister and her family came up and we all went to his parents house. His uncle and finance & her kids came too. All the kids had a great time playing together. For dinner this year, we had a regular roasted turkey, a fried turkey and a smoked turkey breast. OMG! The smoked breast is the best, soooo juicy! By far my favorite way to cook the turkey. Fried has that fried taste and I dont really care for it much and roasted, while good is usually dry. I decided before dinner that I wasnt going to fight with the kids and stress about whether they eat or not. I wanted to actually enjoy dinner this year. (Last year, I dont even remember what the fried turkey tasted like cause I was to busy stressing to actually taste it) The kids did eat some turkey and Nana S's ever famous "Green Salad" (Like a Watergate salad). That night my SIL "C" and I decided to go to Walmart for the Black Friday fun stuff. I stood in line for 3 hours for a 40 in TV. I also got some books and stuff for the kids.
Friday morning, Logan, the kids & I left to go to my parents house, where my sister & her family and my brother & his wife were already at. I had stressed about how chaotic it was going to be. My parents live in a single wide trailer with an add on room, there were going to be 8 adults, 5 children and 4 hairy dogs running a muck. All in all it went pretty well. The kids went to bed without fights, they ate when they wanted to eat and I drank when I wanted to drink. :) At my parents house we had the traditional roasted turkey, smoked turkey and a smoked pork rump roast. OMG! The pork was delish and sooo juicy. However, the bark of both the turkey and the pork was burnt. The bark is where all the seasonings and flavor are and we just coudnt eat it. I was bummed, but the meat was still very good.
One down fall to the Holidays? I over over over ate at both places and gained weight like it was the new skinny! lol But I am ever so thankful that I am blessed to get to spend the Holidays with my family and that I have in-laws that are good and I get along with. There are so many people out there who have problems with either their own families or their in-laws or both and they dont get to spend Holidays together.
Back to the weight gain topic real fast....We finally picked up the Elliptical Logan's boss was going to sale to us. He gave it to us for free, long as we dont try to sale it in the future. If we dont want it anymore, he just wants it back. So, yeeey! Only down fall is that we need to buy a new belt. A $39.99 belt and right now (even though I just spent $90 at Walmart) we dont have the money to buy the belt. Booo! The next few months are going to be Tight!
On the topic of money..... December is the first month we have to make our new mortgage payments. That's why it will be tight. I hate money!! Booo! But we will make it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment