12/04/2012
Best Things
You know what the best thing about having your own fitness equipment at home is?
1. You dont have to worry about your clothes matching, fitting or if your gut is hanging out.
2. Of course your hair is no issue either.
3. You dont have to worry that people are judging you or you dont get to judge the skinny bitch down the way.
4. When you have only been on the machine for 10 minutes and you can go no longer, you dont have to worry what people are thinking of you because you just quite after 10 minutes.
Ok so maybe some of those are good things (#4) but hey, its my home :) my gym, baby. Ill call my shots.
So, my start weight was 212 lbs and this morning I weighted in at 211. I think Mondays will be my weigh-in days. Maybe that will hold me accountable over the weekends. Cant pig out on the weekend and expect the numbers to be low on Monday.
I have cut soda from lifestyle. Im saying at least till Christmas or New Years, but we will see. Heck, if I go that long, mise well keep up on it and no give in. Though it could be hard at the holidays when everyone else is having a drink or 10. If I do give in, it will be a Sprite Zero or something similar. Thats in the future though. For now, no soda! I am drinking Crystal Light water and maybe tea on the occasions we go out to eat.
Last night we had New York Strip steaks for dinner with salads. A piece of the steak I put in my mouth had a big chunk of fat. Usually, Ill eat the fat. (smaller pieces of it) Tonight, I pulled it out and didnt eat it. I thought to my self, "self, Im trying to lose fat and here I might ingest a big chunk of it? Doesnt make sense. Take it out NOW!" So I did. I need to be more picky about what I eat.
Sunday I tried to do a glutes workout on my elliptical and it killed my thighs, on the tops. I could only do tem minutes. Well yesterday when I got on to do Day 1 Week 1 of the C25K, I realized some Jack-hole left it with the ramp all the way up after he was done playing with it. (Dont worry, I used those same words and names when I addressed the issue with the said Jack-hole!) However, I still could only do 10 minutes of the C25K. My legs didnt hurt, I was just out of breath so bad. I know I should have kept pushing through, but I also think I need to work back up. After all, I havent worked out since end of August-beginning of September-ish. So Im going to work in the C25K in my schedule, doing it only 3 days a week. Also, I am going to try and start the 30 Day Shred again. This time, I am not going to do it 30 days in a row. I know my schedule says I am going to only do it once a week, but I think Im going to push more for every other day or at least 3 days a week. It will take longer and who knows, once I get passed the pain, I may step it up to more days a week.
Tonight was supposed to be my first morning getting up at 6 to workout. Didnt happen. Im so not a morning person. Instead, I laid there in bed until 9. I did eventually do my 10 minute (cry) "workout" around noon, after I got the small fry down for his nap. I know I'd feel so much better if I did it in the mornings though. Tomorrow Ellie has school and we have to be up at 6. After I drop her off at the bus (@7) providing everyone is still sleeping when I get back, Ill bust out my workout.
When do you find the time to work out? Do you feel that is the best time for you or just the most convenient?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Look at me! Catching up on your blog! Just wanted to say that with working out, don't try to do too much! Start small and work up to it. If you set your goals too high, you'll just disappoint yourself. When I saw that you wanted to get up at 5 to work out my first thought was "She's not a morning person!" I know its easier to do it when the kids are sleeping, and I guess I can't relate to that aspect and trying to work out when they're awake, but I would set workout time for nap time like you said, or some other time when the kids are occupied. I can't imagine working out that early! When I wasn't working I set my work out time between breakfast and lunch so that I had my lazy time in the morning (something you don't get, I'm sure). Okay I'm babbling... :)
ReplyDelete