Pages

12/11/2012

.............Friends..................


 I know I ramble on a lot about this topic. The lack of friends. How do I make friends. etc.... Today when I picked Ellie went to pick Ellie up from Pre-k there were 2 other mom's sitter there waiting for their children to finish eating lunch. They both smiled at me as I stood near by and received Ellie's hugs and directed her back to the table. One of them even said Hi and I returned it to her. That was all.... Nothing more.. They looked to be about the same age as me or maybe a little older. I am not one of those over zealous, outgoing, happy people. I have a hard time when it comes to meeting people and carrying on a conversation. All I want is a warm welcome from these people, "Hey, ar eyou new here? Havent seen you before." , "Oh your daughter is in my son/daughter's class. Do you live around here?" or even a simple "Hi. My name is ---." I know, I know... Why cant I just introduce myself to them.. I dont know.. I just have a hard time.. Im hoping maybe as Summer rolls around, the church at the end of the road will have a VBS and Ellie will be able to go to that. And maybe, just maybe, Ill meet some moms there and actually click with them. After all, that is how I ended up involved with my old MOPS group, through VBS... I guess I just need to step up and be friendly too.. Why cant it be more easy for me!?

1 comment:

  1. Stopped by from Raising Steppe Sisters blog hop. I have found this tough too. Check out meetup.com and look for a local mommies' group. It gives you an opportunity to meet lots of moms at once and maybe find some fits! If you get a chance, stop by www.susantoday.com. I actually have a fun giveaway at the moment.

    ReplyDelete