Pages

8/24/2013

All About My Tattoos


 I was inspired by Becca's post over at I ATE SKINNY about her tattoos to post my own tattoo story. 

  Her goes:

   
This is my very first tattoo. I got it for my 17th birthday. I found the butterfly I really liked and took the tribal from another tattoo, cut it off and taped it all together. Yes, its a very typical "tramp stamp". Let me explain. Where I was going to school at this time was in the middle of BFE. No one I knew had a tattoo in this area. In face, I had never heard the term "tramp stamp" at the time . Do I regret getting it there? Never, nope, not at all. However, I often forget its there because its not all up in my face. 

My 2nd tattoo was for my 18th birthday. I had found this cute little guy from one of those 50 sent temporary tattoo machines at the gas station store. I loved it! I loved him so much I wanted him forever. I think the temp one was actually green and pink. Blue is my favorite color, so I had the artist change his colors. What is cuter than a lion cute with spots, dragon fly wings and antenna? 

The idea for this tattoo was just this, I wanted the stars and butterflies to look like they were spiraling around my leg. Like a dust devil or tornado. When I first went in to see the tattoo artist and give him my idea I had wanted something pretty small.. However, he convinced me that bigger would be better in the long run and would look better years from then. So after two 4 hour long sessions, I had these very awesome stars and butterflies. I was never able to go back to get it completed. You know, like getting the stuff that goes between each star and butterfly to make it look like one tattoo instead of 10 separate ones.. That is actually going to be my next tattoo (Hopefully in October!!)

For our 3rd Anniversary Logan and I had went to Laughlin, NV for a few days. We had wanted to rent jet skis and play on the river for a while.. However, they were very expensive. Like $125+ a day, not including gas. While out diving around looking for a cheaper rental place we saw tattoo signs. Randomly Logan says "Lets get tattoos." We laughed about it. He didnt even have any yet. But as we kept driving around and thinking about it, we decided to do it.. After some searching on line (with some craptastic internet service) and stopping at a couple different shops and getting no attention.. We finally found Evolution Tattoo. The main artist in there is Larry Topping. He did Logan's tat and was AMAZING. I however, had a very lack luster not the greatest artist. I had decided I wanted 3 stars and my babies names on them. I picked colors I thought the would each like, purple for Ellie, blue for Garrett and green for Blaine. I loved it.. Unfortunately this tat didnt turn out very good in the following days.. Like 2 or 3 days later the GAR of Garrett had already weeped the color almost completely out and over time the purple, blue and green faded really bad. I was so sad and hated to show people because it looked so bad.
(On out next visit to Evolution Tattoo to see ONLY Larry, he hooked me up and fixed it)
 And Im happy to say that this time around it healed amazingly and without hardly peeling!! 

My newest tattoo is my favorite. It is an infinity symbol with a heart and says Until My Last Day. Logan has one almost the same (see picture). We got them for each other. This one is by far the one with the most meaning behind it. Again we went back to see Larry Topping, after he did such an amazing job on Logan's first tattoo. We told him our ideas and what we were looking for.. He drew them up and it was perfect!! That is a true artist! You give them your ideas, the draw something up that is what you wanted AND MORE! We will always go back to Larry for our tat needs. 
(Here they are together)

I agree with anyone who says tattoos are addictive. Once you get inked, you will want more. Even watching tat shows on TV makes you (well me) jones for more.. LOL! Like I mentioned above, hopefully we will get to go back in October to get new ones. Or for me, to get the one finished, but it will be like a completely new tattoo!! Yeey!!

Do you have any tattoos? How many? Whats your favorite?


2 comments: