Pages

8/25/2013

DietBet



 For those of you who are working on a healthier lifestyle, have you heard of DietBet? I heard of it a while back and looked into it but never joined.


What is Dietbet? Its a place where people (regular people or "famous" people) set up a bet. A bet to lose 4% of your body weight in a set time. (Example- Aug 26-Sept 24) The creator sets a bet limit that each person who joins the bet pays. At the end of the bet, whoever their 4% gets a share of the money pot. 

I finally joined a DietBet. Our bet is only $10 a person. Right now our pot is up to $280. Say only 2 people lose their 4% then they get $140 each. If you are the only person who makes it to 4% loss, you get all $280!! At the very least, if everyone loses the 4%, Ill get my $10 back. We start tomorrow and I am excited!! I will hold my ass accountable this time.. 

Oh you might wonder how they keep people from cheating? They are watching you, Big Brother style! ;) J/K They give you a secret word that you have to write on a paper and place by your scale, you have to take a full length picture of you standing on the scale and a picture your feet on the scale with the secret word next to it. You do this at weigh-in and weigh-out. If they feel someone is cheating, they have alternatives to the weigh-in/outs. Like via video or skype. So no cheating! 


If you have done a DietBet, how did you do? What did you think of it? Will you do it again? How much did you win? :)





1 comment:

  1. I kinda like this idea! Money is great motivation!! I'd have to get a new scale though cuz mine isn't digital and I'm not about to take scale pix at the gym! lol But its something to think about! Good luck with your bet!!!

    ReplyDelete