Here it is. We left Monday the 23rd for Las Vegas, stopped in Kingman, AZ for breakfast at Ihop. I had something I'd never had before and it was yummy. It was a crape with fresh fruit and I think strawberry yogurt. I was pretty surprised at it being so good. I have only had crapes once in my life and it was in 8th grade home ec class.. Ok, so after that we got on the road again. I didnt know Vegas was so close to where we live. Its like 4 hours away. We should go more often! I love the canyon view that the Colorado River runs through. (By the Hoover dam) Its just so pretty.
So we arrive in Las Vegas and of course have to drive a million and one times around the Luxor Hotel trying to find the right entrance/parking area. Finally we said F'it and parked in the parking building across the road and walked. Once in side the Luxor we were of course lost and didnt know where to go to check in. We were mobbed by this short little Oriental man running his mouth about free shows, bluh bluh bluh. If we went to a 2 hour time share showing we could pick tickets for any show for free.. We went ahead and decided to do it and got free tickets for "Tournament of the Kings" at the Excalibur. Finally we found the check in desks and got checked in. The rooms were pretty nice, nothing exciting or over the top. Just a bed to sleep in and a bath to wash the street scum off your free.
![]() |
| See nothing exciting |
Once we settled in we decided to walk around the Luxor and took the Monorail to both Mandalay Bay and Excalibur and walked around them.
In the next 3 days we got to walk Fremont street, see the Volcano go off at the Mirage and the pirate show at Treasure Island. We also got to watch the water show at the Bellagio and that was pretty neat. We also got a free ticket thing for Marc Savard the Comedy Hypnotist. (only had to pay $5 per ticket) Well after rushing to get there in time, they were "sold out" on the "free" tickets. We got up graded for only $16.00 a ticket. That show was so freaking funny. I laughed so hard and probably sounded like a cackling hen. Oh yeah, we ate dinner at Toby Keith's "I love this bar" and it was pretty good.
The show at the Excalibur was pretty neat and the food that came with it was so good! We got this tomato soup stuff, a whole cornish chicken, 2 small potatoes, a delish biscuit and a pile of steamed broccoli (which remained on my plate) and lastly this little apple pie pastry thing. Yum Yum Yum!! All the "kings" had long flowy hair and werent bad looking. Oh yes, we were in the France section.
We did so much walking that my blisters got blisters and I do believe most of those got blisters too.. We didnt see any body famous. I was so annoyed with the mexicans that shove hooker cards into your face as you walk by. Seriously, they would reach around me to try and give Logan these naked chick cards. It got old. I asked if they had any midets a couple of times. Actually got a laugh out of that. Also asked if they had any black men and they said no. Where are all the naked man/bars in Vegas? I saw plenty of half dressed skinny twigs.
Anyways, we had a great time and some day would love to go again! (Next time not pregnant so I can drink too)
Here's the pictures from the trip.
![]() |
| At the Luxor by the Monorail |
![]() | ||
| Logan trying to win money |
![]() |
| Us in front of the Excalibur |
![]() |
| Looking up the strip |
![]() |
| Fremont St |
I cannot believe we have been married for 2 years now. Ok, I cannot believe its only been 2 years. We have been together for 8+ years. Crazy!! Hopefully we have many many many years to come!
On the way home we stopped at the Hoover dam. It was pretty neat. Not what I had thought it was like.
On other news: Tomorrow is our big day. We get to find out what we are having. My mom, SIL/BF & MIL are going with me, as well as both my brats. Logan is going to try to make it but hope he doesnt push his self (he is on night now and would have to wake up to early to go) ((yes that means we didnt get the 3d done in Vegas)) I will be posting tomorrow how the appointment goes, how baby is doing and of course what we are having! Woot woot!
Have a great Tuesday!









No comments:
Post a Comment