My little man is 1 year old. Yes, Blaine is 11 months old today. I cannot believe it but love watching him meet his milestones and pass them!
Weight & Height- Im guessing he is probably 23-24 lbs. He was 21 lbs at his 9/10 month check up. He sure feels like a big ol boy! Solid!!
Diapers- He is in size 4 Huggies Little Movers. However, I have though of switching to the slip on kind because Blaine is a PAIN IN THE ASS to change! He wants to roll away, arches his back and wraps his legs around your arm. But I am to much of a perfectionist when it comes to putting on a diaper. It has to be on just right. Lol!!
Clothes- He still is in 6-9 month but most onesies are to short, starting to give him a baby camel toe. LOL Im afraid all the 6-9 month Winter clothes will not fit him. I really need to go through all Garrett's old 12 month clothes to see what we have for Winter. He has even worn some shoes the passed for days. Those cute little Ministar leather ones from Target. He actually keeps them on.
New skills- He is has been crusing around furniture like CRAZY! The passed few days he has been taking steps unassisted. He will walk between the high chair and the coffee table or if I stand him up in front of me, he will take a few steps. What a big boy!! Also, as of last night, he climbs into one of Ellie's chairs and stands up. Eye-eye-eye!! I sure hope he isnt my climber! He also LOVE taking a bath. You cannot take one with the door open without him trying to get in.
Doctor Visits- Last month I went to change Blaine's diaper and noticed bumps on his butt and legs. I was worried it was chicken pox because that was going around. I asked the Day care lady when I dropped Ellie off at Pre-k. She assured me it wasnt pox because it would be way worse because he hasnt been vaccinated for chicken pox. We decided it was probably an allergic reaction to the grass he sat in a lot the day before. I gave him a small dose of benedryl but after nap time the bumps were all over his legs and had moved to his hands. I knew what it was as soon as I saw it but took him to the clinic to be sure. Yup, Hand, foot, mouth disease. YUCK! Poor little guy had bumps and blisters all over the palms of his hands and bottoms of his feet and a couple by his mouth. Thats what happens when he goes to day care one day!! ONE DAY! That first night was miserable, we slept on the couch together but other then that first night it didnt really seem to bother him much. It started going away after 5 days or so and now his toes and fingers are peeling. So weird! He also has new bumps on his legs but these are more like a contact rash. Poor kid!
Other- He is still sleeping pretty good in his crib. Most nights he sleeps all night. Nap time is usually shortly after 12 pm, though lately he has been sleeping in, nap is pushed back and then he is up later. I need to fix this! He loves food!! I mean seriously, he will eat anything you put in front of him. He hasnt started saying any words beside Mama & Dada and he doesnt say those much anymore. Im not worried though.
Ill post pictures of him soon. I just wanted to get this post done before I got to busy or forgot. I love you, Blainer!!
----Mommy aka Robin
No comments:
Post a Comment