2/27/2013
New Take On A Menu
I havent been making a dinner menu in a while which causes me to fumble through dinner time. What to make? What do I have to make? So, I've come up with a great idea (for me) to help with making a menu and hopefully being able to make things easier all around..
I have named the days of the weeks, based on a meal (or a drink in one case). Here it is-
Margarita Monday
We like having a couple drinks here and there. Even though I am trying to lose weight I do not want to cut things I enjoy completely out of my life. So, on Mondays I will let my self enjoy a couple Margaritas. I may even buy the stuff to make "Skinny Margaritas." As for dinners those nights? I have no idea yet. Lol Minor details ;) **After typing this all up, I started thinking of other things like "gourmet" sammies for dinner. Guess this night will be the nights I do other things that dont really fall under the other days.
Taco Tuesday
Original eh? I want to try out new types of tacos. We usually do hamburger meal, but I would like to do chicken, pork(?), heck maybe even fish or shimp... Oh and also the Veggie taco.
Crock Pot Wednesday
Pinterest is a great place to find Crock pot recipes. I have so many "10 Easy crock pot recipes" or "50 healthy crock pot meals." I hardly ever use the crock pot and its so easy to use! Prepare the meal, toss it in, turn it on and walk away, check back in a few hours and viola, Dinner it done! These will be made with any kind of ingredients (pork, beef, chicken, etc) however, I will try to keep it on the healthy side of things.
Beefy Steak Thursday
Yeah, I know, red meat isnt the best for you but we dont eat it in a large quantity (though I would live on a nice steak and potato every night!) To have a ribeye or t-bone or new york steak once a week isnt going to kill us. I usually look at them good and pick out ones that have the least amount of fat on them and then we cut most of what is on the steak off once its cooked.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Friday
Typing that made me think of fried chicken. Not sure why (probably because I'd die for some KFC right now) Chicken is good, Chicken is great, and Chicken is good for you. I cant wait to try new recipes with Chicken.
Porkin' Saturday
A great way to try out new pork recipes. Right now we eat Ribs and chops. Both usually done either in the grill or in the oven. I need to broaden my horizons of Pork. I've also done loins before but again just in the oven and nothing crazy.
Big Salad Saturday
We love salads. When we/I go out to eat some place, majority of the time I will get some kind of salad. I love the Apple Harvest Salad from Red Robin. O'Charlies had one that I loved too (might have been similar to the R.R. one) We will also have little salads with our other meals, just because thats what we do. lol But I want to make other big salads. Cobb salad, Ceaser Salad, etc!
Alright, with all that said, I may not ALWAYS stick to this. I mean, life happens. Sometimes Im to tired to give a flop or we arnt home. We do grocery shopping every 2 weeks, so that night I may do something different for dinner (coughpizzacough)
I also still need to figure out Kid lunches. I really want to start feeding the kids better foods. Luckly, they have started eating our dinners better, but lunches still consist of hot dogs and nuggets. I just need more ideas for them. Gosh dont get me started on them... Im so tired of hearing "Im hungry!" even though they just ate 2 grill cheeses, chips and olives (just an example) Garrett will even do this after having a big helping of spaghetti and a bowl of salad. So, I really need to work on filling these kids up with the right stuff..
Also, something Id like to give a shot at is Smoothies but I think Ill save that for another post :)
Here's to a new Menu planning! :) Ill keep ya'll posted and maybe even start doing a recipe post. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment