Last month Logan and I spent the night in Phoenix before he flew out for work, on my way home I was so hungry. I stopped at a gas station and got some Jack in the Box. I browsed the menu, hmm nuggets or chicken strips? Well I thought the chicken strips sounded "healthier", like just breaded chicken... Wrong! They were like extra large chicken nuggets. I ate them on my way home and not to long after my stomach started gurgling at me. Ugh! Hate that feeling.
Yesterday, the kids and I went down to Anthem to meet up with my friend and her kids at the outlet mall. I did good and ate a Subway 6 inch flat bread. Ellie had a 6 inch on Italian and Garrett had a slice of pizza. (Blaine ate from everyones) So that was good.
After hanging out with our friends, it started getting cold. I suggested going to McD's to let the kids play inside. At the time I was thinking of getting a chicken wrap for my self, but once standing in front of the big menu, I drew a blank and fell on to the usual. I got one 20 piece nugget meal plus an extra 20 piece nuggets. We were there for a while and Garrett comes to me and tells me he needed to poop. He did this 3 times while we were there. The nuggets almost went right through him! My belly was once again gurgling at me and cramping up. Oh man! Then it was time to go home. Ellie finished off the nuggets in the car while getting gas and then all 3 slept on the 2 hr drive home. Once home we got the kids moved into their beds and after mid-night sometime Logan and I went to bed too.
My alarm went off at 6:30 this morning to get Ellie ready for school. Ugh! I go into her room and turn the light on and she sits up and tells me her belly is hurting. I automatically think she is just hungry and start scanning my mind for what to make her for breakfast (its grocery week and we have nothing right now!). She then gets this look on her face and I ask her if she is ok? She told me no and I asked if she was going to be sick and she shook her head yes. I scooped her up from her bed and raced to the bathroom and my poor little girl thew up. It was the worst smelling puke I think I have ever smelled! There wasnt even much to it. After that she wanted to lay in bed with me. I was hoping she'd go back to sleep. Once in our bed she got fidgety, a sign I know that she is going to be sick again. I asked and she said yes. We rushed to the bathroom again. Once she thought she was done, I was wiping her mouth and she puked on the floor (yes, right next to the toilet...I hate that!) Still the worst smell I've ever smelled. Thank goodness I am not pregnant or I'd been tossing cookies too! This time there were olives from her Subway sammy in the mix. Once back in bed she said she couldnt sleep so I moved us out to the couches to watch TV where she puked one more time and was done.. I got some sleep (not enough!) ***Sorry for some much TMI details!***
Hours later and she is fine.. My verdict on it all, no more fast food!! The only "fast" food we will be doing is Subway (an the occassional Papa Murphy's pizza but its fresh take and bake pizza so it dont count!) It's obvious since we do not eat fried food much at all anymore (when we go shopping we usually do Subway or a sit down restaurant) that our bellies are just not happy when we do eat it. I'm kinda glad that it has made us all sick in one way or another. Now I know we will stay away from the crap!
Shoot, I had to take a break to take care of Blaine and get him down for his nap and lost all train of blogging thought! So basically, I have learned my lesson and we will no longer be stopping at McD's for nuggets or Sonic for burgers (*cry* even though it has been a long time since I've had one) and corn dogs or any where else like those places.
Here's to getting healthy!

That sucks that Ellie got so sick!! Poor kiddo! But it is good that you can see what eating that stuff does to you! I pretty much only eat Subway for fast food anymore. Or Arby's because you know your brother is anti-Subway. I can't say I always avoid the fries at Arby's, but I try to! They have the worst-for-you fries I think! But they're so good.. lol
ReplyDelete