Well here we are again. Lets just say last week was a bad week. I only worked out on Monday and Saturday. Boo to me! I've been very frustrated with my self. I want to see results like yesterday! But I know it doesnt happen that fast, but I couldnt get over not seeing results of any kind. I'm tired of bouncing between 210-207. Some days I see 205 but thats not on my weigh in days, so it really doesnt matter.
Here's my stats for this week.
Start weight- 210
Previous weight- 210
Current weight- 208
This week loss- 2 lbs
Total loss- 2 lbs
This has been going on for 8 weeks now. I've been bouncing up and down and Im tired of it..
There was a quote going around the MLFC for a while- "You cant out train a bad diet." I know this is my problem. I eat "ok" and try to workout and am seeing no change. I dont eat horrible most of the time. Usually for breakfast its yogurt and granola and sometimes a banana, when we have them. Lunch is generally a salad, sometimes other things. Dinner is where it probably gets me. We eat a lot of pasta. We usually eat beef steaks a lot but have cut back on them to once a week. Been trying to eat more chicken and more pork. The nights we do have pasta, I try not to eat to much of it. We usually have salads with dinner too.. But then there are nights that I dont cook us dinner. Those nights we usually have like cheese crisps or bean burros. Logan makes some good salsa and we can eat a bag of tortilla chips in one night. I know thats bad. I say to myself as Im eating it, this is bad! But does it some me from over eating....nope...
I think one of my biggest problems is I havent has that Ah-Ha! moment yet. The moment that makes me really realize I need to get healthy, to get fit. I know Im out of shape (unless you count round!) I know Im unhealthy and according to the BMI chart, obese. I'm tired of looking at my floppy belly and my big thighs... But this stuff isnt really enough to make me commit 100% to fixing me.
Watching Biggest Loser, it seems like everyone has a reason for being over weight. Their fathers died at a young age, bad child hood, etc. They all justify a reason. I cannot. I didnt have a bad childhood, I have 2 great parents, I have a great sister and a great brother. My mom was really over weight when I was young. She has a tummy tuck and then the gastric by pass. My sister was always the skinny one, who worse size 0-2 all her life. My brother was always average built. Oh and my Dad has always been skinny too. I never really held anything against my sister for being skinny. She is 6 yrs older then me, so when she was at home, I was to young to think of that stuff. After she had her first baby and didnt lose all the weight, there were times I thought to my self, now you know how it feels, but tried to encourage her to work out.
I didnt get over 200 lbs until I got pregnant the first time and I too never lost the baby weight. Least not all of it. Then I had 2 more babies back to back (2010 & 2011) and still havent lost that weight. So I know why Im over weight... Because I've had babies. And while I can sit here and blame the weight gain and the floppy belly on pregnancies, I know the truth isnt just that.. Its also because I am lazy and unmotivated and though I want to change, I just dont have what it takes to make the change yet.
So, even though I am struggling with myself, I am going to still try my best (even though my best isnt my hardest) to do what I can.
Just for laughs and because I can totally flip my flap like that (ok, not really like that, yet)


No comments:
Post a Comment