Pages

9/03/2011

Finally an update!!

Sorry for being so MIA lately. I wanted to post picture from our visit with my parents, but I didnt get the pictures from my mom's camera before I left. So no pictures this time. Least not from the whole trip. 

So we, the kids and I, left on Aug 10th to go to my parents house. We had to take a detour to town first to see the kids Pediatrician. Garrett had his 18 month check up and shots. He was good and looked good. Ellie had her 3 yr check up and looked good. However the doctor told me she is over weight. I call bullshit.. I didnt get their heights or weights because I was wrestling with Garrett and they didnt write them down for me. She said Garrett is in the 90% for height and I cant remember for weight, but that he was portioned good. Ellie she said that for her age and height her BMI is 90. Since when did they start checking BMI for toddlers?? She also said that by the time she is 4 we should be able to see her hips and ribs.. Hello, so you want my daughter to look anorexic? That is a great message to seen to young girls who already have WAY to much pressure on them to be skinny.. Sorry, my daughter can keep her puppy dog belly. Ill know when she is overweight, if it comes to that.. Plus, Ellie is VERY active and gets lots of exercise.  

Lets move on. So we left Prescott headed for the NM/AZ boarder. The kids did pretty good. Dont get me wrong, I would never say they did perfect. If one wasnt whining or crying, the other was. When one was sleeping, the other was bitching.. Several LONG hours later, we pulled into Safford. We stopped at Walmart to pick up a b-day card for my dad and a bag of M&Ms (the best gift to my dad). It was so nice to get to my parents house and out of the car!! I must add, the Tahoe is much more comfortable then the Explorer ever was! 

  Ok, fast forward. You do not need a play by play of my trip. While we were there we didnt do a whole lot. Which was how I wanted it. I didnt want to have to run all over the place, I wanted to relax and let the kids see their Nana and Papa. One day,  Mom, the kids and I did go to New Mexico to see my Grand Mother. That was a long day, but Im glad we got to see her and she got to see her great grand children. We also went shopping a couple of times while I was there. We enjoyed a few times in the pool. The kids did great in the pool too. Ellie has been using water wings for like a year now and she was moving all over the pool like crazy! Garrett usually has a life jacket or the body suit with the built in floaty in it on, but I decided to try water wings out on him. He liked those much better and I liked them better too, since there wasnt a strap or fabric being pulled upward into his little boyhood. Ellie and I even got to go swimming one day just the two of us. That was nice.

A few pictures! My mom took these ones of Ellie before we went swimming. What a ham! 


 My two favorite kids!
 I love when I can get her to kiss him. I need to make a college of all the pics I have like this. 



 Garrett trying to break into the garage
 Post about my sleeping babies- Just A Shorty

 Up to no good!

 Rain dancers
 LOL

 One of my mom's plants
My water baby 
 <3 <3
 Swimmin




 Love these eyes

One of the other things we did while we were visiting my parents was go feed the ducks. There are ponds at a park that have ducks and the public is welcome to go feed them. So every time we are down there, we go buy "Duck bread" (cheap cheap cheap bread) and feed the ducks (my sister and her kids do it too). The last time we went , Garrett was a little baby still. Heck, guess last time we went was when we still lived in Illinois and came down in July for a visit.  The duck feeding pictures are the ones I dont have. My mom used her camera to take those pictures.Ill post them when I get them.

Time came that we had to go home. Make that long long crappy drive back up state. Once again, the kids werent horrible but not perfect angels.. Thats ok. We stopped in Anthem to meet our friends, Leah and her daughter Amber. We love going to the Anthem mall because it is an outlet mall, has The Childrens Place, Carters, Gymbaree, OshKosh and more! Not to mention a play area for the kids and in the summer time it has was fountains they can paly in. So nice!! So after we went shopping we let the kids play in the water.






Having since been home, nothing to exciting has happened. We are dealing with a previous renter who is trying to give us problems. Hopefully she will realize how ridiculous she is and retract her claims. We have decided to go ahead and try to rent the house out once more. It was either rent out or short sell it and screw Logan's credit up for a few years. So we met with a new possible renter, changed the lease and agreed to let him and his wife more in. Please please please let this guy be the good Christian man he claims to be and dont let him screw us over like the others in the past.. 

Today I am 34 weeks pregnant. So ready to be over. Well that isnt 100% true. I am so scared of having 2 toddlers and a newborn. I picked up a few more things that I need to be prepared. Bought the first pack of newborn diapers and will buy more every pay day (probably buy more size 1 instead). It was crazy buying 3 different kinds of diapers. Good Nights for Ellie, Size 6 for Garrett and NB for the baby... Hopefully Ill be able to get Ellie potty trained for night times, someday! lol I hate buying diapers for Garrett.. He is in size 6 and I prefer Luvs brand, however, Walmart NEVER has size 6 Luvs! Makes me so mad. Last time we went with Huggies and I hate them. He leaks... So this time we went with Pampers (snug and dry)... Hopefully they surprise me and I end up liking them.. Not that I like how much they cost.. Guess I could buy the Luvs on line if the Pampers dont work out. 

Tomorrow, Im going to take Ellie's recalled crib and get money! Yeey and go to Big Lots and get Garrett's toddler bed!! Yeey! Its actually on sell right now. So that is awesome. Hopefully the box will fit in the Tahoe, I figured they can slide it up between the middle seats.. Like a divider between Ellie and Garrett. :)  Oh but I dont know if the matress would fit too.. Hmmm.. May have to get one tomorrow and then get the other on Tuesday. Tuesday is my 34 week appointment. I actually see the OB. We will see what she says about induction and I have a couple other questions.. 

Well, I do think this post is long enough and Im pretty caught up with what is going on (more or less). Im going to try to keep up on my posts again. Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday weekend!


2 comments: