Let see. I can remember wanting to be a Vet at a very young age. My friends and I used to play like we were animal doctors all the time. My family used to raise rabbits and chickens and we had a nice chicken coop and rabbit cages. Once we stopped doing that, my friends and I used that area as our "Animal Hospital" and we would put our small dogs in the rabbit cages and use close pins like shots.. lol
Another point in my life I wanted to breed Boarder Collies. I wanted to raise them, train them and show them.
Oh yeah, in junior high school I was fascinated with Wolves and the Wolf Reintroduction Program into the Gila National Forest (NM & AZ). I found a great program at the college (EAC) to become a Wildlife Biologist. I had wanted to become a part of the Reintro program. However, we moved away from that college and the college we were closer to when I was in H.S. didnt have that kind of program and I didnt want to go to far from my family..
Late in H.S I got really interested in Photography. I really wanted to go to college and take courses in photography and business, so that I could have a small business.. Well, that didnt happen either.. College just wasnt in my future..
What am I now?? Well, I am not a Vet, not a dog breeder/trainer and not a biologist or photographer. I am a stay at home mom. Not something I thought I would be when I grew up. In fact at one point in my life, I really didnt like kids.. Well least not other people's kids.. lol Well, turns out, I am at SAHM to 3 happy, healthy, energetic, wild kids.. (K, so Blaine isnt really any of those yet, besides healthy but Im sure he will be all of them in no time)
I do still want to some day get to take college classes in Photography and be able to take a professional grade of photos and do it for money.. However, right now isnt my time.. Right now photographer is the "it job". Everyone is doing it. Whether they are good or not and charging $$$$ to take a few pictures.. Maybe in a few years, the hype will die down. Who knows what will happen in a few year. Only time will tell.
Only 1 day left of the challenge!

You are still so young.. you have time to do whatever you want!!
ReplyDeleteGrowing up I wanted to be 1 of 2 things..
A Child psychologist
or
A Lawyer
I can still be a lawyer, but would have to be a corporate one because of my degree. It just sounds like a lot of work.. hahaha.. im so lazy!