Ok, here's my history of my weight. I typed up this long drawn out thing but lets get to the point. I never was the skinny girl. I was never the "fat" girl. I was the tall "big-boned" girl. I wasnt every active, hated to run. I was always 155 so as long as I could remember.
After H.S. I did alright maintaining my weight until I started eating pretty much only vending machine junk for lunch every day and then started drinking beer was to much!
When I got pregnant with Ellie, I was about 180+ and delivered at 240+. I dropped back down but never below 200. With the following two pregnancies I delivered both at 240+ and again dropped back down to 210+. Today, Blaine is 15 months old and I sit at 210.
I am tired of packing around the fit tire around my middle. I can look in the mirror and say I look good for having 3 children but in truth I feel completely different. I want to be back in shape. I want to be able to fix my hair and do my makeup without my belly resting on the counter top.
I chose my goal of 165 because its ten lbs above what I was through out high school. I have no idea what I will look like at 165. I know I wont be what I was in H.S. (This is where a lot of people say "you now have wider hips, bluh bluh bluh. I've always had wide set hips. A guy once grabbed me by the hips and told me I had child baring hips. ) I just want a flatter belly!
I just thought of a new way to think of it. I have 45 lbs I want to lose. That is 15 lbs per kid. I am so going to start thinking of it like that. After I lose the first 15 lbs Ill say "I have lost the weight gained from having Ellie. " After the next 15 lbs I say the same but for having Garrett and then for Blaine. Brilliant! What motivation!
You know what else is great motivation? Getting supportive comments. A simple you can do it will go a long way. A simple kick ass girl, goes a long ways. I plan to give everyone involved in the Biggest Loser Link-up as much support as I can. Just remember, a simple comment goes a long ways in helping motivate and encourage people!!
We got this!

I have a son named Garrett as well. Also, I always thought I had child-bearing hips as well, but turns out.... not so much! I had to have two c-sections. So apparently I have a big behind for no reason whatsoever! Oh, and now I have absolutely no muscle tone in my tummy thanks to the 2 c-sections, well that and my love of food :-{. HOWEVER, that's going to change.
ReplyDeleteGarrett is a great name! <3 and you can do it Francie!
DeleteWell Robin I also gave you a shot out in my biggest loser post beacuse it was in your blog that I learned about it!... Now come on girl you got this!!!! We will be the size we want to be soon enough. It is going to be hard but it will be so worth it!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmen girl! Just have to keep on truckin!!
DeleteWell now I feel bad for not keeping up with your blog and leaving supportive comments! But you CAN do it!! I plan to be all caught up on here after today and then weekends will be my "Catch up with Robby's blog" time and I'll be better! I never ask about it cuz I figure if you wanted to talk about it you would, then I come here and see that you DO talk about it. See you shouldn't have moved and we could start going for walks together again! :p I need to get to exercising again too!
ReplyDelete