I have read a blog post recently about Moms who get anxiety over not being the best mom on Pinterest. Not being able to do everything they see on Pinterest. Not being the best of the best. I think this is RIDICULOUS!
I use Pinterest only as inspiration. I do not freak out when I read the pins 101 things to do with your toddler. Yeah, I do want to be a more involved mother and plan to this new year but I do not stress and freak out that I am not on of the best Pinterst mommies out there. I souly use Pinterest to get ideas.
Case in point. Many people pin birthday parties and a lot of Mommies & Daddies go WAY over board on a childs birthday party.(IMO!) I am looking for Toy Story ideas for Garrett's 3rd B-day party. Lots of great ideas out there.
Beautiful Cakes:
And many many more. Sure, it would be awesome if we got one of these amazing cakes. If it was offered to me for free, I sure wouldnt turn it down but I am not going to pay over $50 for a cake. CRAZY! Our cakes come from Walmart, Frys or Bashas. Typical grocery store style cake. I think Walmart cakes are actually good.
Pinterest is a great place to get decorating ideas for parties.
How cute and fun. But am I going into an anxiety fit because I cannot do this display?! Nope. I do like how they made the ABC blocks out of cardboard boxes. Looks super easy and would be fun for more then just a b-day party.
Pretty much what I've got from Pinterest for Garrett's Toy Story party is this: use Bright colors and misc toys.
We will probably buy one of the party kits:
Its going to be low key and small.
You know what does give me anxiety thinking of planning a party?? Being the hostess! Yes, the thought of having several people at my house depending on me to be a great hostess just makes my chest tight. This year the party will be at our house, our new house. I know when its over, it will be fine but thinking of it only a few weeks pre-party really has my chest tight.
So the point of this post, I just dont get why people get so freaked out and anxiety over what the see on Pinterest. Its not just for parties, its for how their houses are decorated, organized, etc. Again, I use Pinterest fir decorating ideas, organizing ideas, etc.
How do you use Pinterest? Do you get anxiety looking at it?
P.S. This is just my opinion. I am in no way saying the people who do get anxiety are stupid or any other name calling.





No comments:
Post a Comment