Pages

4/12/2011

Tuesday Predictions


 So on my due date boards everyone posts the old wife's tales of how to predict the gender of her baby by many tests, quizes, questions and more. I thought I'd do a fun little twist and take videos of 4 of the tests I did today.

First one up is the "Bleach & Urine" test. Take about 1/2 cup of mom's urine and add 1/2 cup of bleach - any kind of bleach is fine. (do outside or in well ventilated area - makes toxic fumes)

Immediately the combination of the two will result in a slow bubbly type reaction - such as ginger ale, or a fast, super foamy reaction - such as beer.

Ginger ale is supposed to indicate you are pregnant with a girl, the beer response, a boy.

My Video: I would say that the results of this test reminds me of the head on a beer, not the bubbly of ginger ale. So this one is boy

The second one I did was the "Baking Soda & Urine" test. Very similar as the Bleach one. The baking soda test works in a similar way to the Drano test. You mix equal parts baking soda and urine in a cup, and if it fizzes- boy, if it doesn't fizz- girl! It's also safer than the Drano test.

My Video:

My Results: Pretty sure this one is a boy. It clearly fizzed. 

The third one I did was the "Penny" test. Lick/Spit on/Lick finger and wet a penny and put it on the wall and if it falls immediately you are having a boy, if it sticks to the wall you are having a girl.

My Video:
My Results: Clearly a girl! I have to admit, I though I may have cheated. Our walls are slightly textured. I thought a penny wouldnt stick to a textured wall very well, so I selected the smooth support wall and as you can see the penny did not fall off. I have to add to say that the penny is STILL sticking on the wall. While typing this I thought I should go a head and try another penny on the textured wall and see what happened.. That penny too is still sticking to the wall. So that is 2 for 2- GIRL

The last one and most commonly heard one I did was the "Heartbeat Per Minutes" test. 
The theory states that if your baby's heart rate was 140 beats per minute and above, you would be having a girl. If the heart rate was under 140 beats per minute, then you would be having a boy.

While this would be a quick and easy baby gender prediction method, there is actully no evidence that this theory is accurate. There is recent study, "Sex, Heart Rate, and Age" from Terry J. DuBose, M.S., RDMS; Director Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which indicates there is no correlation between fetal heart rate and the gender of the baby. 

My Video: The results of the BMP test seems to be girl. It does say at 130+ for a bit before shooting up to 150+. Since this video I've had 150s-160s BPM. 

There are also charts that go by your age at concretion and the month you conceived in to predict the gender. 
A well known one is the Chinese Gender Chart . This one is generally pretty straight forward. It was correct for both of my other pregnancies (First time said girl and i had a girl. Second time said boy and I had a boy). This time around, since I am no certain of the first day of my LMP, which effects the conception day and when my birthday falls, it could be either. Confused? =D I know I was on my period on Jan 7th, just not what day I started. My bday is Jan 21st. Going off the due date I get from Jan 7th, which is Oct. 14th, my conception date is between Jan 19th-24th. If I was 25 when I conceived then its a girl, if it was after I turned 26, then it says a boy. Wow, that was complicated!! 

There is another one called the Sex Wizard and it is based off Mom and Dad's birthdays and the estimated conception date. Using the 19th as my estimated conception date, it says Boy as well.

The last one I have done thus far is called Babyman Predictions . It goes off of how old you will be at the time of the birth and what month you conceived in. I will be 26th and conceived in January. The prediction is Boy

It is fun to take these little tests and will be fun to see which ones are correct.

Logan took Ellie to town with him today. Its been nice not hearing her screams and whines all day long! However, I still havent been anymore productive than when she is here. I really must get up and get the house cleaned up and need to go to the store to get a few groceries to last till Friday.  Hope everyone is having a very nice Tuesday!!



3 comments:

  1. What do you mean, you weren't productive! You did a bunch of gender tests... that's productive! The majority say boy but I've still got my fingers crossed for girl! :) What about the ring on a string test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you feel in your heart? Normally a lot of moms can be right on their gut feeling. I was. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayme- What in my gut will stay there till we find out = ) My gut told me Garrett was a boy and ta da he is. I had more hopes that Ellie was a girl then a gut feeling. This time it is more hope then a gut feeling.. so we will see!

    ReplyDelete