Pages

4/01/2011

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Fun


 Today the kids and I took a road trip to Prescott.. I actually dont know if its considered a road trip when we go there damn near ever week (and again tomorrow). We went to have a late lunch with some of my old co-workers. I havent worked with these ladies in close to 4 years (geeez already?) Hold up, wow, I got pregnant with Ellie 4 years ago!? That is so insane! Anyways, back to the topic at hand. After I quit working (after I found out I was pregnant and moved), I still tried to make time to visit and have since kept in touch one was or another. (text, letters, smoke signals, etc) We met these lovely ladies at Applebees today. There were 6 adults and 3 children under 3. Thank goodness the kids were behaved! Its always nice to get together and catch up with these ladies, even though we really dont talk about much of what is going on in their lives. lol It's mostly baby/ kid talk. Garrett discovered that he likes sour cream. He also likes to dip celery in it, as well as potato skins and well anything you put in front of him to eat. He was quiet the mess and I was trying to give him away to any of the gals or anyone else who passed by and smiled. I wasnt about to clean him up and spoil his fun and not to mention piss him off. He was content and I was content.. Long as he didnt touch me with his nasty dirty hands! :) Ellie loves their french fries, can you blame her? They are good fries. An hour flew by and everyone had other places to be, life was calling.  One by one we said goodbyes, took a few pics of the kidos together. At the end it was just me and Jenny, we walked together since I parked next her her (on purpose). She told me about how her mom is doing, which isnt very well. She said she is barely hanging on and it wont be much longer. I feel so bad for her, wish there was something to do for her to ease her pain. (Maybe Ill mail her a 'Im thinking of you card.") We said our goodbyes and parted.

This is what a content toddler looks like. ^ Note the nasty hand. 
'This is yummy mommy!"

This is Nicolas & Ellie. Nick turned 2 in December and Ellie turned 2 in July.

Hugs!
No telling what that child of mine is doing!

After lunch we swung by Good Will to drop off a few bags of clothes and a baby walker. Ellie never used it and Garrett hardly used it. No point in keeping it again. I then decided to poke my head inside to see if by chance they had a double stroller. Heck no and what they did have was in bad shape. Course Ellie had to pull the "I have to poop" card on me. So we found the bathroom and I get her depanted and sat on the toilet. It was a no go, of course, I knew it wouldnt happen. As I am pulling her shorts back up, Garrett makes his way to the toilet and I here this pl-op sound. I look inside and see my Tahoe key and keyless entery remote resting on the bottom of the Jon. I am so thankful that A) Ellie didnt poop B) That the toilet actually looked clean. C) I cant think of a C to top that last one. I close my eyes and reach in and retrieve my lost possessions. I suddenly just thought of a C..... and C) That Garrett did not flush the toilet!!! As my mom's friend has gone through that before!!! I dry the key and remote off and decide to get the flock out of there. I literally had to drag Ellie out of the store, kicking and screaming.  They probably thought I was a bad mom. She wanted a balloon they had tied to every isle. I wasnt going to hi-jack a balloon from Good Will for my bratty 2.5 yr old.. I load her ass up and her bother and head down the road to get some liquid gold for my gold hungry Tahoe. Once I finally arrive at my destination gas station, with out even thinking I fling my door open (I mean, the wind caught my door) and it hits the stupid wall thing that keeps people from running into the pumps.. Im sure the clerk on the inside was laughing as I closed the door, said a few choice words and slapped my hands on the steering wheel a few times. I would have been laughing. I take a deep breath, open the door slowly and squeeze my way out. I close the door to asses (I do not think thats how to spell the word I am looking for, so Ill also say Inspect) the damages. At first I wanted to cry, but then I wiped off the blue paint from the wall and it wasnt so bad. Thank goodness!! Its barely noticeable. We will leave it at that. So I continue to pump my gas. You know how most pumps you can flip the little latch to lock it open so you do not have to hold it the whole money guzzling time? Well I was trying to triggler the latch and it slipped out of my hand pinching my fingers. Wow, things really do happen in threes! (Recap for those who are lost: 1) Key in toilet, 2) Door banging wall, 3) Pinched fingers. Finally the pump kicked off, my pocket was crying and completely empty! We left to head home. Ellie crashed out eventually and Garrett continued to yell and whine till of course we were almost home, at which point he fell a sleep. Why do kids do this?? It's like they know that we are almost home and its time to fall asleep.
That was my Thursday. Yes, I kind a gave you a play by play again but I figured from the Good Will point on was pretty humorous and you would get a kick out of it.


On another note, I believe I picked up the baby heartbeat a couple of days ago. The doppler was actually picking up and reading mine but I could hear a must faster thump thump behind mine. I tried to move the probe to relocate the other sound but of course it was gone. My next appointment is on the 6th, cannot wait. Nothing overly exciting, other then hopefully hearting the heart beat (and maybe an ultrasound, but not holding my breath). Tomorrow I will be 12 weeks. Wow! One more week and Ill be into my 2nd trimester already. Its already been 6 weeks since I found out, crazy. My insurance company called me the other day. They have this free program for pregnant women, dont ask me what its call, its slipped my mind. They send information books and that kind of crap in the mail and make random calls to check up (I think only actually 2 calls if I remember correctly). I didnt really listen after she said it was free, but its pretty much informational. Yeah, totally forgot why I brought that up... Pregnancy brain!! Or many Im just so freaking tired!!!


We made it home, Ellie, after fighting with me, fell asleep on the couch. Garrett waddled around the house whinning a big more before I went and put him to bed. He is out! Oh, I finally hang something over his bedroom window which made it loads darker in there. He didnt wake up this morning at 5:30! He actually slept in. Yeeey! I wish I could sleep in tomorrow, but we have to go to Prescott (yes, again) to meet the new renter, sign papers, receive cash (YES!) and grocery shop (NO!).
Hope everyone had a nice Thursday and hope Friday is wonderful!





1 comment:

  1. IIf its not one thing its another! Poor Robby! But thanks for making me giggle before bed! :) Yay for hearing baby's heartbeat! Okay I guess I am too tired to be clever. Drive safe tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete